Conference Assistant - 20h part-time job
The FTTH Council Europe, a non-profit organisation with a mission to accelerate ubiquitous, fibre-based connectivity empowering a leading Digital Society throughout Europe. We are looking to recruit a Conference Assistant to work mainly on Design and Marketing, predominantly for supporting and growing our annual FTTH Conference.
This is an opportunity to work in a highly qualified, international team of a widely known and recognised European trade association if you have excellent layout skills, are able to rationalise ideas clearly, have a good knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, are organised, efficient, have an eye for detail and are a team player but are also able to perform tasks independently.
Your Responsibilities would include:
- Using Adobe software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc. to create or artwork print and digital works ranging from folders to ads, web banners to reports and designing booths for external events.
- Working to and protecting the branding, look and feel and image of the company
- Creating and updating website content when required
- Assisting with company events and delegates management
- Updating and working with databases
- Liaising with external suppliers, both inwards and outwards to the company
We are a small and personable team and therefore reasonable ad-hoc requests to assist other staff members with relevant projects such as IT support and company hardware provision may form part of your duties from time to time. You will report directly to the Director General.
- Previous experience in a creative marketing role with both print and digital
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy with good English skills
- Good knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Portfolio demonstrating examples of sales and marketing led creative work
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Relevant degree or notable qualification
- Able to multitask and time-manage to meet multiple, regular deadlines
- Strong initiative and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of computer hardware
This is a rare opportunity for a current marketing assistant or creative looking to join a small and friendly team where they can take ownership of key marketing streams within the business. As an established company, we would also welcome applications from recent graduates or students who can demonstrate a portfolio of relevant works but are looking to take their first steps into professional employment as well as from experienced candidates who seek to work on a part-time basis.
This new position reflects a period of expansion within the company and therefore is offered on an initial one year fixed-term contract with the potential for a permanent role for a high performing candidate.
The role would be ideally based in our Austrian office.
To apply, please forward a current CV along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and ideally some samples of relevant work to email@example.com